Embrace the true spirit of Independence Day by redefining the celebration as a time to honor life, liberty, and the pursuit of “healthy happiness.”
The Fourth of July is synonymous with family gatherings, fireworks, and outdoor festivities in the summer sun. Unfortunately, it can present significant challenges for those in recovery. With a bit of planning, you can have a joyous, safe, and alcohol-free celebration. Here are valuable tips to ensure a memorable — and sober — experience this Fourth of July:
- Set a personal intention to celebrate the day without alcohol.
- Rally your support system by sharing your decision and seeking encouragement from friends and family who will motivate you to stay sober.
- Take charge of the festivities by hosting a vibrant BBQ complete with refreshing mocktails and festive decorations in red, white, and blue.
- Embrace the beauty of nature by spending quality time outdoors and engaging in activities that do not involve alcohol.
- Remember, there's strength in seeking help. If you or a family member need assistance in finding mental health care or substance use treatment providers, reach out to Care Solace, a complimentary and confidential coordination service provided by La Grande School District:
- Call 888-515-0595 for round-the-clock multilingual support.
- Visit caresolace.com/lagrande to independently search for providers or click "Book Appointment" for assistance through video chat, email, or phone.
Let's ensure that this Fourth of July becomes an occasion for healthy happiness, including families with young children, teenagers, senior citizens, and individuals in recovery. Wishing you a joyful and empowering Independence Day!