LMS Daily Announcements
- The book competition between Mrs. Leavitt's and Mrs. Thurman's class has begun and runs through March 2nd. Good luck and may the best team win.
- D-FY members: The trip to Anthony Lakes this month has been postponed due to lack of funding. We will let you know if/when another trip can be scheduled.
- Students: remember to keep your planner with you throughout the day. It is a common agreement among teachers and staff that you need to have that signed to leave class for any reason. If you are missing your planner, please check the PASS room.
- Dress code reminder: Birkenstocks and Crocs with the heel strap over the front are not allowed. Shoes must have a heel strap to meet school code. Pants with holes in them must have holes below the finger tip length. Detentions will be given for choosing not to follow the dress code policies.
- Thursday, February 27th, EOU is coming to LMS to host a Science Night. Bring your families for fun activities, experiments, gas explosions, and swag from community partners.
- If you would like to order spirit wear, there are order forms available in the office. Forms need to be turned back in with payment by February 21st.
- Third Friday Teen Movie Night is scheduled for 6pm on February 21st at the Cook Memorial Library! All teens are invited to this Free event. In addition to watching a movie. teens can play movie bingo, munch on popcorn, and enjoy pizza donated by Domino's!
- 6th grade basketball will be starting February 24th and running to spring break. This is intramural and coed. You must have a permission form turned into the main office in order to participate. Practices will be Monday through Friday right after school in the gym. We are in need of a couple of parent volunteers to assist Mrs. Irvin. Please check with your parents and have them contact me if interested.
- The advisory canned food drive competition is coming up! February 24th - February 28th. There will be a prize for the advisory class that wins plus a plaque that will be displayed in your advisory classroom.
As we approach the cold/snowy/icy season make sure you are aware of how to proceed for the day in case of delay or closure.
When weather conditions make travel unsafe, schools may either close for the day, open two hours late with regular bus routes, or open with snow bus routes. Changes to the school schedule are usually announced by 6 a.m. The following methods are used to inform parents, students and staff:
- Phone: Monitor your phone for a call from “School Messenger,” the District’s automated calling system. Calls will be placed to the primary phone number listed in each student’s record.
- Website: Go to www.lagrandesd.org, live updates will be posted here.
- Facebook: Live updates will be posted on La Grande School District's Facebook Page
- Radio: Tune to La Grande radio stations for live updates:
- KUBQ - 98.7 FM KWRL - 99.9
- KCMB – 104.7 KLBM – 1450 AM* can operate during power outages
- KOOL – 105.9 FM Urock- 101.1 FM
|School||Hours: Monday Late Start||Hours: Tuesday - Friday||2 Hour Delay Start Time (M-F)|
|Central Elementary||9:10 am - 2:30 pm||8:10 am - 2:30 pm||10:10 am - 2:30 pm|
|Greenwood Elementary||9:05 am - 2:25 pm||8:05 am - 2:25 pm||10:05 am - 2:25 pm|
|Island City Elementary||9:15 am - 2:35 pm||8:15 am - 2:35 pm||10:15 am - 2:35 pm|
|La Grande Middle School||9:20 am - 3:00 pm||8:20 am - 3:00 pm||10:20 am - 3:00 pm|
|La Grande High School||9:20 am - 3:10 pm||8:20 am - 3:10 pm||10:20 am - 3:10 pm|
Family Support Group